Thursday, May 25, 2006

Family Trip

I just got back from a trip out to Ohio, where my grandma, Aunt, and brother all live. I first visited Yellow Springs, OH where I saw my 1 year old neice and brother. Cheyan is walking around like crazy, and eats a signifigant portion of her body weight at every sitting. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I went for a ride with my oldest brother, and just relaxed before heading up to Lima the next day.

My grandma is in a nursing home there, and it was not a great visit. The decision was made to put her under hospice care, which is basically making you comfortable instead of actively treating your condition. She isn't all that aware of what is going on around her, and I'm not exactly sure if she knew who I was. She wants to just go, but just can't yet. I wish that she could just fall asleep and have a peaceful journey... Seems that we don't have a very good way to help our aging citizens. I can't imagine that she is very comfortable with things as they are... The nursing home itself is really nice though, they have birds to watch, activities to do... seems like one of the better ones.

Anyway, I'm back to the realities of State College for a while, riding my bike, working at the shop, studying for the GRE's (yea... have to start that).

No comments: