Friday, May 26, 2006

Time Trial Course

Well I went out and did the Tadpole TT course Friday morning, in the pouring rain none the less. I was dissapointed that I had forgotten about it the evening before, and I had to work instead. So I went out and put in what I felt like was a pretty decent effort. I have a new position on the TT bike, and it felt allright on the way out to the turnaround. I clocked 13 minutes on the dot at the turnaround, which was well behind my pace from last year of 12:20. I finished it off in about 27:15, a lot slower than my 24:25 from last year. I bumped my seat up about a centimeter for the ride home, and I think that'll feel better especially when pulling myself up gradients in the aerobars. So I'll have to keep on getting out on that bike and get more and more comfortable on it... My first real TT will likely be at Owasco the weekend before Toona, I hope to rip that one open.

Also the SRAM Force group looks pretty hot. I believe the retail is going to be $1,800.00, so I may be able to get it for a bit over a grand... have to start saving now. Donations are welcome.

No comments: