Friday, February 03, 2006

More Food Please

I did my longest ride in a long time yesterday. Had plans of doing Penn's Cave, went out and did the finishing climb for our race in April, and then just did the Sprint Ride (out to Centre Hall and back). All and all it was about 40 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Nothing crazy, but I was still pretty drained after getting back. Hoping to put in a good hour and a half today to keep the riding up.

When I stopped riding in August my food bill went from about $50 dollars a week to about $30 dollars a week. But I think the 10 or so hours I put in this past week is revving the engine back up... I had two dinners and a snack before going to bed last night. So here's to forking over 50 bucks every week. It's well worth it if I can ride though.

I'm excited about this weekend. Going to the bike swap in Md and watching the SuperBowl on Sunday... Go Seahawks! The last time I was at a swap I didn't react quick enough in grabbing the full DuraAce 9speed groupo for $100. I was using some of Stephan's visualizing last night to ensure that such a mental blunder does not repeat itself. I've been grabbing at shifters and cranksets in my sleep....different than what I usually grab for in my sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you grab in your sleep