Monday, February 06, 2006

Swap Products and a cross bike

Yesterday, on Superswap Sunday myself, and at least 10 other members of PennState Cycling, took to the road at 5AM to get to a swap down in Maryland. (For you non-cycling people a bikeswap is a large garage sale with 99.9% of the merchandise being cycling parts/bikes/clothing/junk). We ended up getting there about an hour earlier than we needed to which sucked, but at least we were first in line. Waiting to get in was made more stressful than necessary by the people behind us who must have thought we looked like savvy enough swappers to buy up all the good deals before they had time to get into the 10,000 square foot space. Seriously now people. As Chris Thompson stated, it felt like we were staging for a race.

I didn't really need anything. Except maybe a chain tool. I wanted a whole lot of other things, but didn't bother to make a list or anything this time around. There was no reason for me to come with $150. There was no reason for me to leave with $2. Oh well. I got a Thomson stem for my cross bike for $25, a used tubular-clincher cross tyre for $10, ugly Ti-railed old style (that doesn't eat my ass) selle italia saddle for $15, wireless computer for the TT rig, chamois cream, arm+leg warmers, mudflap for a commuter or cross bike....oh yea, and the thing I needed, a chain tool for $2. The chain tool doesn't work. oh well.

One of the best purchases must have been these green "crocs". Me and Matlin went in and got a pair each for $20 a pop:
After getting back to State College I watched the first half of the Superbowl while building up my Redline Conquest Pro cross bike. Featuring red housing, and blue peace sign brake cable anchor things (what are those called?), and when racing... some reddish Tufo tubular-clincher tires... should look cool. I'll look good getting lapped this fall...

No comments: