Saturday, January 28, 2006

20-something cyclist is reminded of prepubescent days of decreased muscle mass

I took advantage of the 50 degree weather and snuck a ride to Boalsburg and back in today. I never knew that the loop had a number of categorized climbs. I have felt more tired after training rides, but during it I was dying... I think I just need to get my lungs back. It did feel a lot better than the last time I rode the loop about a week ago. Riding in the saddle is almost the same, the only issue is when I get out of the saddle I can still feel that the lateral side of my right knee is swollen. There is still a noticeable difference in the size and strengths of my two quads... hope that levels out soon.

One scare during the ride was for about 10 minutes in the middle of the ride I thought my knee was feeling really weird. At the top of the stroke I could feel pressure on the outside top side of the joint. Took me a few minutes to figure out, but it ended up just being my knee warmers. It had shifted a bit and were tight enough that the swollen part of my knee was rubbing up on it. Felt pretty good once I realized that.

Next mission: Lower Lime


Can you guess which knee below was surgically altered?



1 comment:

bikepennst8 said...

The freaking knee warming pulling at your knee a bit... I've been there before. It sucks to be that skitish about injury. We just need to get you out on some 5 hour rides to take your mind off of it.