Sunday, September 14, 2008

Glue is in the air

It's that time of year again... my fingers are sticky with Continental glue. Getting ready for another racing season- this time cross, so I'm being extra generous with the glue to hold on those big thick tires with 20psi in them.

I've already done a few cross practices, but I have yet to start running... though I'm not too worried because there isn't much running in these SoCal races. I did spend a solid half hour jumping on and off my bike the other day. Finally got the legit remount back. Better than my remount style last year, but definietly not as smooth as these guys:




First race of the year is the Muckenthaler this Sunday. I plan on racing the 3/4, and hopefully doing well enough to cause some people to be angry that I chose to do that race, and then race the elites the rest of the year. Hopefully I can earn this label, just once.

1 comment:

Matt Spohn said...

Dude, I royally f'ed my glue job up. I've been using tubless on my cross and road bikes with the stans notubes kits and its been working awesome. So I guess I'll race that until I feel like gluing the tubies again. Good luck on your race this weekend.