Friday, August 15, 2008

Photoshop...

I've started to learn using Photoshop, which for the time being will sort of replace all the photographic tools that I don't yet have. I got a book that is way too complex, but I'm looking through it and learning a lot.

Here's a picture taken with Nicole's point and shoot at Yellowstone:


And here is what it looks like after I applied a little photoshop magic that mimics a neutral density filter, which helps the brighter sky from being overexposed in landscape shots.


I also added a "sideways" filter on only the sky to compensate for the fact that the sun was much much brighter on the left than on the right. I wish the meadow had been oriented so that I could shoot this mist while facing West, so all the sky looked like it does on the right hand side.... next time.

Look out, don't piss me off or I'll photoshop you in a picture with a naked Chinese gymnast, who are "16" but are really only 12.

1 comment:

Matt Spohn said...

Dude, even I have updated more recently than you.