Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mel-ben

I usually get pretty carried away with things at times. When I was looking for grad schools I had a monstrously large excel spreadsheet with all sorts of crap in it, most importantly the average daily temperature, which obviously dominated my decision making process to come to Irvine.

I've recently become really interested in the area of sustainable, or green building. I first heard about this back at PSU I think, and it seemed like a fringe hippy-ish thing that was being done up in Vermont. Enter: energy crisis, and companies wanting to go "green", and sustainable building is quickly becoming mainstream. To be fair, knowing what I know now, it would have become mainstream anyway, because it makes so much sense. If you'd like to nod and smile politely for 20 minutes, ask me about it.

Anyway, the carried away part is that I've gone back to my aspirations of getting a Fulbright, this time to study green construction in where else? Melben. That is Melbourne, Australia. Turns out there is a university there, RMIT, that has the perfect program. How sick would it be to go live in Australia and get experience in some sweet nitch between engineering and the environment. Applications are due in the fall, and if I were to do this program, I'd probably be starting there February 2010.

No comments: