Saturday, April 12, 2008

San Diego Omnium Day I- Fiesta Island TT

First day of the San Diego Omnium on Friday was a 2 (long) lap (~8mile) time trial around Fiesta Island. I was feeling pretty confident heading into it, with the new TT bike, comfortable fit, disc wheel, trispoke.... oh yeah. I definitely left it all out on the course... averaged 185-190 HR on the first lap, then just pegged it at ~195 on the second lap. Not much more I could do! I caught my 30 second man just a little bit before the finish, and didn't get caught... so I knew I beat one dude. Ended up 8th place.
Catching the 30 second man...

going into the finishing chute...PAIN

From these pictures, and the picture from my 40K, I think I'll be lowering the handlebars some more.... flat back = fast.

Saturday: Windy Boulevard Road Race.... stay tuned.

No comments: