Sunday, December 09, 2007

What not to do before a cross race...

ride 80 miles. Also probably not the best idea before going to Cross Nats either, but I have another week to recover for my main race on Sunday. Certainly lots of feet up in the air time this week, though.

On Saturday I rode steady for about 5 hours with some of the new team mates for the road season, and that was probably a bit too much before this particular cross race especially. I had done 80 mile days before placing in the top 5 the next day before, but this course was made for sapping power out, and only had a few, though tough, technical sections to it. So my preparation for it was pretty poor, but I still had fun. I'll definitely get some pictures up when they're online... it's not called "Storm the Beach" for nothing. End result, finished up 8th, which given my tired legs and lacking motivation, was just fine with me. I hope that will be enough to lock up 3rd overall for the series.

Got home and cleaned the cross bike completely. Took most everything apart, regreased, relubed.... she's all set to go, minus pedals.... getting ready to put her in a box for the trek to Kansas. I gots two finals coming up... Tuesday and Wednesday, then I'm speeding down to San Diego, and flying out to Kansas City for a few days of pain.

No comments: