Friday, December 07, 2007

Planet Earth

I've been watching a lot of Netflix recently. Have lots of movies I want to watch, but I've been doing tv shows on there, as I can usually watch an episode or two (or a whole disc or two) each night.

First up was Entourage, which was an excellent show but made me depressed about how I have to actually do something with myself in order to make a buck. If you've seen it... Ari, the agent, is probably my favorite character. The shit that comes out of his mouth is hilarious. His assistant Lloyd is pretty funny too. Drama wears on me after a while, his role is pretty predictably pathetic, but it's all good. I'm waiting anxiously for season 4 to come up on Netflix. I don't think its even been on HBO yet though.

However, the show at the moment is BBC's miniseries "Planet Earth". Spectacular. Each episode features at least one tidbit, where I think to myself... that is bullshit, you are making this crap up. A monkey that swims? Global climate change? (some things are more stretches than others). If you happen to see this on TV, WATCH IT, or if you have Netflix, add it. I think it's on TV on the Discovery channel? or National Geographic maybe? You have google on your computer too, find out for yourself. Good show though, with excellent visuals. I really like how for most episodes you never see a human, it's as if you're there by yourself, with a pretty well educated and deep-toned subconscious providing narration. Five stars.

No comments: