Friday, September 21, 2007

Fa-Fa-Fa Friday

Friday is going pretty well. I got word that the Easton wheels that I EP'ed almost a year ago finally made it to the shop, and arranged to have them shipped out to the West Coast. See this picture for why I'm so amped about that:

Full carbon rim, straight pull spokes. No J-bends where I usually break spokes.... lovely. I'm contemplating removing all the decals (pronounced deeeeee-cals) save for the E. Originally I had planned on somehow making other letters to spell out "ERIK", but I think I'm too lazy, and since watching the show "Entourage" 'E' will do just fine. So... not that big a deal, I knew they were coming, why such a 'must write in my blog about them' sort of deal?

The charge on my credit card was over $1,000 for them. What the balls? Supposed to be like 500 bucks. So I call up Easton, and after sitting on hold and listening to the same 30 second clip of a Beethoven invention (which having played it previously made it worse to listen to over and over) for 30 minutes I found out that they forgot to take the 40% off wholesale.... and they'll be cutting me a check for about $400. Even better... I even get the points on my credit card, and I get cash.

And then to top it off, I get back and get an email stating that the irDA usb hub that my old roomate Andy (see his blog for further humorous details on this debacle) bought and sent to me (to the incorrect address that I provided) had finally found its way back to the seller on eBay, and that she was sending it again.

Rocking. Now I just need to come up with a dynamic systems level model for a PEM CHP unit, validate to published data, tweak the code and then graduate and make bank. Rocking.

No comments: