Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fitchburg Day 1: ITT

Day one of the Fitchburg stage race was a moderately uphill ITT. This race always starts with an ITT, and I really prefer the flat affairs, but this one was a bit different. Not an uphill ITT like Army's collegiate event, but gradually up 600 feet over a few miles (with some pretty good kickers) and then a flat, almost downhill speedy finish.

I used my road bike with some borrowed clip on aerobars, and it probably wasn't the way to go. Should have brought out the TT rig. The climbs were not as bad as the profile made it out to be, and I think that good times were up for grabs from those with their TT bikes out. That being said, not sure I would have moved up much from my 85th, about 2 1/2 minutes down on the leader had I brought out the Zepp. So yeah... cracked the top 90.

Tomorrow is the circuit race, which features the first sprints for the points jersey, so I will be going balls out for that bitch. Hopefully snag some points and get myself into a good place for that. Need something positive out of this stage race...

No comments: