Monday, March 27, 2006

Nittany Classic is coming...

So it's been a while. This weekened the all knowing road race director and myself flyered the road race circuit, then did a quick lap via two wheels. I think after walking around for 2 hours my knee was ready for a rest, so the ride didn't go so well. Didn't go so well for Andy either as his back is still bugging him. Injuries suck.

Today we flyered the crit course. I get such a weird vibe from MOST of the people who came to the door and talked to me in Bellefonte. Semi-rude, semi-"why they hell are you closing my road"... but there were some nice people who wished us luck in the race.

I also did a quick Boalsburg loop, which felt great. I think not being on my feet for two hours before a ride is the key. Hopefully I can slowly... very slowly... ramp up some time on the bike.

So the Nittany Classic weekend is coming. Three events in two days. I'm excited to see the kid's race... I hope some kids show up! We are planning, in conjunction with some riders from CRBC whom know Dr. Kulakowski's family, to have a prime in his memory at our race. The idea was also put out there that we could have this prime in years to come, which I think would be a great thing to do. The money raised for it could go to the scholarship fund, and a small % to the rider winning it.

If you're around State College area this weekend and are bored, call me. I'll give you a corner to marshall.

No comments: