Saturday, March 11, 2006

Changing Mindset

Everything is what you make of it. I've come to the conclusion that I just need to wrap my mind around that fact. I know I need to stay positive about things, and the easiest way to do that is to change the thing you need to be positive about. In my mind I've written off this collegiate season as a loss, which is much better than hoping to race later on. I don't feel anxious to get better and ride soon. The thing I'm feeling positive about now is getting back to training sometime over the summer, doing a little bit of racing, and then finding a way to stick around and race ECCC next year. It's a lot easier to be positive about those goals, and it takes a lot of pressure off me. I don't think I realized how stressed out I was trying to get on the bike so I could get into some sort of shape for April ECCC races. Screw it. Collegiate races are fun, but they're not worth ruining a whole semester, especially some people's last semester. So here's to Rutgers, I'm going to rock that prologue.

No comments: