Saturday, November 12, 2005

Country music still blows, but Napster is fun.

I've been trying to branch out a bit musically recently. Not quite digging country yet... I still don't understand how I can hate all country while I still like most bluegrass. I know most country has deviated quite a bit, and is full of twang and muscular "cowboys" with spray-on tans in front of F-16s telling me why I should send my first born to Iraq... but I would still think that I would find SOME country I'd enjoy if I appreciate bluegrass. Am I wrong that country did, albeit loosely, grow out of bluegrass?

In any event, I've been perusing Napster's library a bit more recently, and have found quite a lot of good music that I've heard before, but never really got the name of. The tab entitled "recommendations", which I believe is new to the present version, is pretty cool as it lists a bunch of bands that are somewhat similar to the band you're looking at. The band I found tonight is Goldfinger. I've listened to Reel Big Fish since high school, but only tonight did I download more than "Here in your bedroom" and "Red Balloons" by Goldfinger-which was listed under the recommendation tab of Reel Big Fish. If you like "ska", their greatest hits album is quite tasty.

And... when the original artist who sings 99 Red Balloons breaks into German, that it hot... foreign languages are sexy.

No comments: