Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do YOU know your birthday?

A while back I needed to bring my birth certificate to the DMV. I misplaced it after the trip, and eventually had to order a new one, which cost me 10 bucks. However, THE DAY I get the replacement birth certificate, I'm sitting at my desk, move something I guess I hadn't moved for a while, and out pops the original birth certificate. Swell. Well I opened the new one to see what it looked like... and noticed something surprising.

First of all my birthdate is really hard to read on the new certificate, so... that is kind of silly. It's handwritten, whereas it was type written on the original. Come on... we've progressed since '84 haven't we? Besides being almost illegible, I'm also pretty sure it has the WRONG DAY. Now, ordinarily this wouldn't be a huge deal... but this is my BIRTH CERTIFICATE, and it has my wrong birthday!??! So... what day should I choose?

I think I'll just stick with the original date... just has a ring to it by now.

No comments: