Sunday, June 17, 2007

Update contd

Ok, so yea. I'm living in Pittsburgh with Munas, who thinks his blog is as good as mine (actually, its far superior because I have more of a life). We have real nice place neary Shadyside/Point Breeze area. A block from Walnut St, which is a happening place. The riding is beginning to be better as we find quicker ways out of the concrete jungle and streets with needles on them.

Work is actually pretty cool. Getting paid twice as much as at school has perks, and I'm really interested in what I'm working on in general, so it's pretty good times at work. Siemens is the world leader in tubular solid oxide fuel cell technology, so it's cool to be there learning alot about what they've tried, and what hasn't worked. I do do a lot of bitch excel data work from time to time, but at the same time I'm also learning all the ins/outs of the tests being run as well, so I learn from that, and they gain from me copying and pasting, reformating, making graphs and sending it out. Good trade for now. I have a guess I might be back here some summer during grad school, and I'd like to not do that kind of work then. We'll see.

Racing hasn't gone too bad. Did pretty well in a podunk crit in WV a few weeks back. Nabbed a prime and 3rd place, so about 80 bucks. Also did a crit in jersey, which didn't work out too well because the large teams represented there gave the break too much leash. Overall I'm feeling pretty good though, and I'm looking forward to doing Fitchburg in a few weeks... that'll be fun

No comments: