Saturday, April 07, 2007

So...don't pull out in front of a truck.

I was at Hoy St. and West College Ave on Friday afternoon getting ready to take off for Poughkeepsie for some relaxation instead of racing in Vermont. I looked to the left, no traffic. Looked to the right, and saw a bunch of cars coming. Sat for a second waiting for the traffic to let up from the right. And let up it did. Being a complete and udder idiot, I pulled out without glancing well enough over to my left again. College sort of slopes off downhill, but not really enough to hide the large freeking truck that hit me. Fuck. My head hit the driver side window, and the car was pushed laterally to the extent that the right front tire rolled off the rim. Check out some pics taken by my forensic engineer I hired to investigate the wreck:There are no pictures of the rear, but if you look at the gap between the trunk and the body, it's larger on the passenger side. This indicates that the whole frame is tweaked. Sucks. This, even more than the obvious damage in the front, might signal that the car might be totaled. SUCKS! Insurance is getting me an estimate on Tuesday, hope for some good news....

No comments: