Sunday, August 27, 2006

GRE

Eariler in the summer I scheduled the GRE Exam for Monday, 8/28. I heard from my parents that the GRE people called on Saturday to let me know that my test has been cancelled. I'll need to call and reschedule tomorrow, when I call in and bitch at them. I'm not sure when I'll be able to take it now, seeing as I'll be gone later this week racing in Vermont, and then classes start soonafter that. They don't have any tests during the weekend, so what sort of problem do you run into on a Saturday that you didn't know about on Friday? I'm also pretty worked up about it because this same thing has happened to other people as well, so this isn't an isolated case.

I really feel like checking into what it would take to start my own test center in State College. Set it up with the standarized testing companies, get a small buisness loan to cover the rent and computer crap, and hire up a few dorky computer kids. I think I'd make a killing doing the GREs, MCATs, LSATs..etc.. all of which I believe you need to travel a good distance to take. Maybe that'd be a good part-time gig if I were to do the teaching route. Freekin-a.

No comments: